Monday 24 March 2008


How long should my bondage rope be?

One of the many questions I’m asked on my journey through life as a bondage rope seller.

So, what sort of rope bondage do you want to explore?

Is it a bit of “tie me to the bedpost on a Saturday night”, or do you want to create the ultimate Shibari Kikkou, or maybe a rope corset for your next party?

"Oh no, we're not into all that kinky stuff"

Every customer, no matter what it is that they fancy, always but always says that about everything else that anyone else might be into.

Well, lets start with the “tie me to the bedpost on a Saturday night” scene.

And the next question is, how big?

No, not your partner, although some of you are kind enough to send me the most fascinating details of the personal dimensions of your partners. You know who you are, Eric from Ohio. And no, I don’t believe a word (or inch) of it.

No, what I’m asking is, how big is your bed? And does it actually have bedposts? Its good to think about these things, (although not too often and not in the office) preferably in advance of your hot Saturday night date.

Other important things to think about are how fast you can set your partner free in a panic (get EMT shears) and what your partner is going to do if you pass out in a drunken haze (so don’t drink and use soft cotton bondage rope with a bit of give in it that your partner can probably bite through if desperate)

So, where were we, - how long should my bondage rope be?

Well, why not start with 10 metres (33 feet), cut it into 4 lengths or 2 (or ask your friendly on-line bondage rope seller to do it for you) and you’ve got enough to secure four limbs to the bedposts of the biggest bed. (check for bedposts, - see above)

Bed not that big? Well, you’ll find a use for it.