Wednesday 16 April 2008

Another week, another dollar....



Another week, another dollar earned. Well, not that many dollars, not since it hit a massive low against the GB £. Really my American friends, I'm still not that expensive for quality bondage rope, I'm worth every cent.

But a fair number of £'s and a cartload of Euros. I should really be writing this in French

So, where do I earn my pennies? Talking to the customers? No, thats fun, not a proper job at all.

Cutting and whipping and packing? No its always a pleasure handling beautiful stuff.

No, I'll tell you where this business really hurts, and thats buying bondage rope!

Try dealing with two old fashioned UK companies, one of them still has the original cobble stones outside,

"What will you be using it for?"

Shibari

"Whats that then?"

Google it

"Whats that then?"

And then you finally get them to make it right and they do it for a year and then the next delivery is totally different. What have you done to my order?

"We thought you'd like it a bit thicker, so we made it in a thicker yarn"

Well I don't,- go away and make it properly please.

"We haven't got that fine yarn any more,- it was too expensive, the thicker yarn's much better for,...what was it you were using it for?"

Shibari.

"Whats that then?"

3 months down the line and I've financed the buying and dyeing of the right fine quality yarn and they've made a bit and sent it to me to approve. No,- why can't you make it the way you made it before?

"We thought you'd like it a bit thicker for.....what was it you wanted it for?"

You can see why everyone else buys from China can't you? But not me. The British made bondage rope really is better and so I soldier on to bring you the finest UK quality.
But don't ever say I don't earn my pennies.