Sunday 25 May 2008

"Hi, its me again"

"Hi, its me again." - These are the words this bondage rope seller dreads. Yes, you asked me for a quote for a complicated set of ropes and now you want me to tweak it a bit and send you a link.

But that was weeks ago. What have you been doing? Waiting for payday? Burying your Granny?


Never mind you're here again now. But this particular bondage rope seller has a memory only slightly more efficient than a demented hamster so try to help her out a bit.


If you're doing the "Hi, its me again" bit by email then its not too bad. I can at least scrabble frantically through my Messages Sent box for the original quote. (so long as you haven't changed your email address, name, other vital details. Yes I know you assumed a special ID to buy from me. (Why?) but could you try to remember what it was)


If you're on the phone then I'm pretty well sunk and grasping desperately for clues. And no, I don't want to start the quote again 'cos it never comes out to the same figure twice and you'll notice.


The customer I really love is the one who starts with a brisk summary of our last conversation. Even if it was only 30 minutes before. Yes, the engineer rope master who already suspects my demented hamster mind and makes allowances for it.


Bound to Please